PDF PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
PDF GAME DAY EXPECTATIONS AND GENERAL PLAYING RULES
How parents conduct themselves during the game is very important! Please review these things and make sure to abide by these guidelines:
- I agree not to criticize the players, coaches or referees and if I have a question or complaint I will either address the coach or GWSC board depending on what is appropriate.
- I understand and accept decisions of the game officials (including referees and coaches) on the field as being fair and called to the best ability of those officials.
- I agree not criticize an opposing team, its players, coaches, or fans by word or gesture.
- I agree to hold my child responsible for his/her sportsmanship and agree to never encourage unsportsmanlike conduct.
- I will refrain from using physical or verbal abuse or profane language at any GWSC game, practice or meeting.
- I will not do or say anything that will discredit, undermine, or bring a negative reputation to the team or GWSC Club.
- I agree not be in possession of and/or drinking alcoholic beverages or using any illegal substances during any soccer activity. By school district policy, smoking is not permitted in any activity around children.
- I agree that my responsibility as a parent is to encourage and be constructive to my child, coach, team and club.
- I will not attempt to coach my child or other players on the team during a practice or game unless given permission by the coach. This includes yelling out or giving technical coaching or advice while spectating on the sidelines.
- I agree not enter the field of play during a game and to watch the game sitting or standing from at least 4ft from the sideline. I understand No spectators are allowed off the end line or near the goal.
A LETTER FROM THE WENATCHEE REFEREE ASSOCIATION
4 WAYS THAT YELLING AT REFEREES IS HURTING OUR CHILDREN
7 STEPS TO TEACHING YOUTH ATHLETES TO RESPECT REFEREES